Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a muffin pan with 2+1/2-inch diameter cups, or line with paper baking cup liners; set aside. In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add frozen blueberries, and make a well in the center.
- Pour the milk into a 2 cup glass measure and add egg and butter; blend well.
- Pour liquid all at once into flour well. (This method allows you to mix the batter with fewer strokes, avoiding overtiring.)
- Making 12 to 15 full circular strokes that scrape the bottom of bowl; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter ‘should’ be lumpy.
- Fill each prepared muffin cup 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately (otherwise moisture condenses on bottom of cups and muffins become soggy). Makes 12.